Before we get into the different CBD delivery systems and methods, let’s quickly go over why CBD is so beneficial.
Despite the mainstream narrative, there are thousands of scientific journals studying the effects of cannabidiol (CBD) on humans. The vast majority of the studies show conclusively that CBD helps in the management of many psychological and physical ailments–most notably anxiety and epilepsy. These are disorders that traditional science has not been able to get under control without triggering other problems, i.e. “side effects.” Why is that?
That is because pharmaceutical drugs tend to laser-focus on a single symptom, and are designed to fix it. The problem is that another issue then arises, which will need another laser-focused drug to fix it. Before you know it, patients are on a number of pills to manage their health. This becomes cumbersome and expensive. And while the pharmaceutical industry has done wonderful and miraculous things to progress humanity, nothing is wrong with a reassessment. Reassessments allow us to perfect our perspectives and processes. So why does CBD work so well?
The Endocannabinoid System
The endocannabinoid system is ancient and is present in all invertebrates. The cannabis plant has been with us since the dawn of civilization and has been used as far back as 5000 years ago in China. But it wasn’t until modern science came along that helped us discover and understand the endocannabinoid system.
When Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) was discovered in the 1970s, it led to many other cannabinoids and phytocannabinoids being discovered. It finally led to the discovery of a cannabinoid receptor named CBR1. Then shortly after that, another cannabinoid receptor was found and it was named CBR2.
The Cannabinoid Receptors
CBR1 was the first to be discovered because of the study of the psychoactive cannabinoid THC and its effects on the brain. CBR1 is a cannabinoid receptor found in the central nervous system (CNS), and is “the most widely-expressed receptor protein from the GPCR family in the brain.”
CBR2 dominates the immune system, but there are traces found in the brain and many other systems. Evidence points to CBR2 being active in neurological functions also. So, CBD can be found in the brain (CBR1) and immune system (CBR2), which means both can benefit from the anti-inflammatory qualities of cannabidiol. Why is an anti-inflammatory so important?
Inflammation and Disease
Research shows us that all diseases stem from some sort of inflammation. For example, anxiety happens because of inflammation in the brain causing irregular behavior. Epilepsy is also a disease stemming from inflammation(s) in the brain (CBR1). CBD was first recognized for easing the symptoms of epilepsy. And there are countless research reports done on the healing qualities of CBD on epilepsy.
On the other hand, auto-immune diseases are inflammations in the immune system (CBR2). Arthritis, for example, is inflammation in the joints. CBD has shown to decrease pain in Rheumatoid Arthritis and many other auto-immune diseases. So now that we have established that CBD can help with a wide variety of diseases, how can one ingest it?
Available CBD Delivery Systems and Methods
Although CBD can be consumed by smoking cannabis that contains high amounts of CBD, it usually also contains THC. And for those that don’t like the psychoactive effects of THC, there are hemp oil extracts available that contain high amounts of CBD.
The CBD Online Store carries these types of CBD products. Each one contains CBD/Hemp Oil extracted using the CO2 extraction process. That means you are getting the purest CBD possible. The cannabidiol is extracted from specially grown organic hemp plants and is verified by 3rd party laboratories for purity and potency. These are the available CBD delivery systems and methods:
- Capsules – These CBD capsules contain 15mg of CBD in each capsule. People like these because they can take them with their daily vitamins regiment. 1 to 2 capsules should help with any inflammation you think you are having. Not a very quick delivery method, since you have to wait for the digestive system to dissolve the capsules before it enters your bloodstream.
- Liposomes – CBD Liposomes is high tech medicine applied to the cannabis industry. CBD (and all cannabinoids) like to be stored in fat cells in our body. So injecting CBD into fat cells (liposomes) it can survive the gastric process. This allows the CBD to be delivered to your cells undamaged. It is a quicker delivery system than capsules, especially under the tongue. Read more about liposome technology here.
- Tinctures – CBD Tinctures gives users the opportunity to measure out how much CBD to take. It also allows patients to mix CBD with liquids or food recipes as needed. Each serving (1/2 a tincture) contains 5mg of CBD. Under the tongue delivery is a quick delivery method.
- Vaping – CBD Vape Juice is sold under the Respira name. This CBD product is extremely versatile, and can be taken under the tongue, mixed in liquid or food, and can be vaped by placing it in a vape cartridge. Vaping is the quickest delivery method out of all of these.
- Balms and Creams – Patients that suffer from arthritis or other muscle pains, strains, etc. can benefit from the CBD Topical Balms. Just message the cream into the affected area and feel the amazing anti-inflammatory effects of cannabidiol.
Even our pets have an endocannabinoid system, so they too can benefit from the effects of CBD. Many customers have thanked CBD Pet Treats for treating their pets’ pain and anxiety (bad behavior) issues. CBD is becoming more accepted in the medical community, and the government is slowly getting around to the fact that the cannabis plant is very beneficial to humans (and their pets).
The CBD Online Store only sources the best CBD products from top manufacturers. Every product is independently verified by 3rd party laboratories for purity and potency. Check out our store and sign up for our newsletter to receive discount codes and new arrival alerts.